There are twenty-four Anglican schools in Queensland with student enrolments exceeding 22,000.
Anglican schools provide a range of educational alternatives for families by way of both single sex and co-educational environments as well as both day and boarding options. Anglican schools are located throughout Queensland in both regional and metropolitan locations and cater for both Preparatory (Primary) and Secondary School.
Anglican schools provide an environment based on:
- A faith community focussed on mission and service
- High respect for intellectual endeavour
- Commitment to tradition and dignity which promote strong values
- A sense of social responsibility
- Just and equitable decision making
- Innovation in Learning.
Further information about Anglican schools in Queensland
can be found on the Anglican Schools Office website.
Churchie is a Diocesan owned school which is established under what is known as the School's Regulation Canon. As such, the governing body is Diocesan Council. It is from this relationship that the school takes its corporate status.
The members of Diocesan Council are:
- The Most Reverend Dr P J Aspinall (Archbishop of Brisbane)
- The Right Reverend J Greaves (Bishop for the Northern Region)
- The Right Reverend C Venables (Bishop for the Western Region)
- The Right Reverend J Roundhill (Bishop for the Southern Region)
- The Reverend Canon G F Harch
- The Venerable G Hoyte
- The Reverend A M Lowe
- The Reverend G Moses
- The Reverend Canon L McWilliam
- Dr R Kerr OAM
- The Honourable Justice D Mullins (Chancellor)
- Mr D Sneesby
- Mr D O'Connor OAM
- Mr J Kotzur
- Ms A Norman
Diocesan Council delegates certain governance functions to the School Council via the school’s Constitution.
In circumstances where the directors of the governing body must be provided with a report about sexual abuse or likely sexual abuse the Diocesan Council has, pursuant to Section 366B of the Education (General Provisions) Act, delegated that role to Mr Greg Milles, the Director of Professional Standards within the Diocese.