The Centenary Library brings together seven Churchie departments (Senior School Library, Student Services, Churchie IT, Learning Support, Mawson House, Churchie Archives and a research centre). Operating like a tertiary-inspired library environment, the collation of key academic and pastoral services seeks to nurture aspects of Churchie’s four tenets, becoming the heart of school life at Churchie.
The array of different learning spaces across The Centenary Library seeks to promote creative, flexible and effective approaches to thinking and learning. Students may undertake and partake in a range of activities and communities of learning that extend from an individual through to mixed classes and ages.
Features of The Centenary Library include:
- six classrooms, 10 small group/study rooms, two covered outdoor learning environments, two video conference rooms, four meeting rooms
- over 80 individual/small group learning places
- 250-seat lecture theatre
- The Arches café
- 50 per cent increase in opening hours
- 23 staff across seven departments.
Churchie students and parents can log in to The Centenary eLibrary
with their myChurchie details to:
- search the library catalogue
- access assignment help guides
- search a variety of databases
- borrow fiction eBooks
- access non-fiction eBooks
- view video content from the ClickView library.
Monday to Thursday: 7 am to 8 pm
Friday: 7 am to 5.30 pm
Sunday: 1 to 4 pm (selected Sundays please consult the School Calendar
If you have any queries, please contact The Centenary Library on 07 3896 2221.