Foundation Overseas Study Scholarships for Old Boys
Each year the Churchie Foundation funds scholarships supporting Churchie Old Boys to complete international study opportunities in the UK or USA. The scholarships, made available as a result of grants from an American Charitable Trust, are open to both students in Year 12 and Old Boys for either undergraduate or post graduate study. Scholarships provide a maximum of $8000 per annum and pro rata quantum for shorter courses. The recipient and the level of funding is at the discretion of the Headmaster.
- courses 0-12 months duration – 100% of the scholarship amount awarded will be paid after receipt of documented proof of successful completion of the course as well as the provision of the invoice for fees paid.
- courses 2 years or more duration – 50% of the scholarship amount awarded will be paid upon receiving a copy of the fees receipts which will amount to the total value of the first 12 months of the scholarship. The remaining 50% will be paid after receipt of documented proof of successful completion and associated invoices.
Please ensure you have the following documentation ready to upload as an attachment, prior to completing your application:
- copy of Year 12 academic transcript and OP documentation
- references (e.g. supporting documentation from Headmaster, Housemaster)
- copy of undergraduate and/or post graduate transcripts
- please include acceptance documentation from the institutional you will be attending
- relevant work history (if applicable)
- other financial support (details of other scholarships or financial support for which you have applied or which you have been granted)
- further information (please attach any further information you consider relevant to this application)
- in 300 words or less, please describe your understanding of philanthropy and how it can impact a school, organisation and/or community.
Applications open on Friday 1 February 2019 and close on Friday 31 May 2019.
Graduates of Anglican Church Grammar School wishing to attend colleges or universities in the UK or USA are invited to apply. Applications for 2019 will open on 1 February 2019 and will close on 31 May 2019.
Foundation Scholarship Fund
Churchie offers several academic and sporting scholarships (or bursaries) named to honour donors and high achievers. Scholarships are granted to talented students who need financial support to attend Churchie. Donors have established a number of scholarships and bursaries through the Churchie Foundation's Scholarship Fund.
Donors can contribute to the Churchie Foundation Scholarships Fund, which is has deductible gift recipient status. This allows for gifts for certain scholarships to be tax deductible. If you would like more information about the scholarships fund, or you would like to establish a new scholarship or bursary, please contact the Churchie Foundation on 07 3896 6462 or email [email protected]
. Please note that new scholarships and bursaries are subject to legal requirements.