Foundation Overseas Study Scholarships for Old Boys
Applications are invited for scholarships for graduates of Anglican Church Grammar School wishing to attend colleges or universities in the United Kingdom or United States of America.
The scholarships, made available as a result of grants from an American Charitable Trust established by an Old Boy of the School, are open to both students in Year Twelve and Old Boys for either undergraduate or post graduate study. Scholarships provide an average of $4,000 per annum (or pro rata for shorter courses) which may be increased up to a maximum of $10,000 per annum dependent on the circumstances. The value of the scholarship may depend on the number awarded and specific courses approved in a given year. All awards are made at the discretion of the Headmaster.
- courses 0 - 12 months duration – 100% of the scholarship amount awarded will be paid after receipt of documented evidence of successful completion of the course.
- courses 2 years or more duration – The scholarship will be paid in equal amounts each year with the relevant annual payment confirmed when the scholarship is approved. The first payment will be made on provision of evidence of successful completion of the first year of study. Subsequent payments will be made each year after that, upon provision of required documentation confirming successful completion of that year of the course.
Please ensure you have the following documentation ready to upload as an attachment, prior to completing your application:
- copy of year 12 academic transcript and OP or ATAR documentation
- current year 12 students to provide this information separately when received at end of year
- references (e.g. supporting documentation from School/Housemaster) (Current Year 12 students only)
- copy of undergraduate and/or post graduate transcripts
- please include acceptance documentation from the institution you will be attending
- course and accommodation cost
- relevant work history (if applicable)
- other financial support: (details of other scholarships or financial support for which you have applied or which you have been granted)
- further information (please attach any further information you consider relevant to this application)
- in 300 words or less, please describe your understanding of philanthropy and how it can impact a school, organisation and/or community
Graduates of Anglican Church Grammar School and current Churchie year 12 students wishing to attend colleges or universities in the UK or USA are invited to apply. Applications for 2021 will open in February and will close at the end of May.
Foundation Scholarship Fund
Churchie offers several academic and sporting scholarships (or bursaries) named to honour donors and high achievers. Scholarships are granted to talented students who need financial support to attend Churchie. Donors have established a number of scholarships and bursaries through the Churchie Foundation's Scholarship Fund.
Donors can contribute to the Churchie Foundation Scholarships Fund, which is has deductible gift recipient status. This allows for gifts for certain scholarships to be tax deductible. If you would like more information about the scholarships fund, or you would like to establish a new scholarship or bursary, please contact the Churchie Foundation on 07 3896 6462 or email [email protected]
. Please note that new scholarships and bursaries are subject to legal requirements.