This page has been created to display information and documents for the community of Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie), which details the measures taken by the School in response to COVID-19. For general information from government authorities, please visit the websites of Queensland Health or the Australian Government Department of Health.
Check In Qld app
Commencing in Term, Churchie will begin using the new Queensland Government Check in Qld app to keep all of our school events COVID safe.
We request all parents:
- Download the app (Apple and Android devices).
- Fill in your details once when you first open the app.
- Scan our QR code upon arrival at a school event.
Using this digital check-in means your details are stored securely by the Queensland Government for fast COVID-19 contact tracing if needed. When you sign up to use the Check In Qld app, the app will remember your details, saving you time in the future and providing easy check-in across other Queensland venues using Check In Qld.
Churchie will continue to communicate with the School community with updates regarding COVID-19. This will be predominantly via the newsletter (for general updates). If necessary, email and instant messaging via the Churchie App will be used.
Please ensure you have provided the School with your current email address and that you download the Churchie App, which is available from the App Store or Google Play.
Hygiene measures and social distancing
In a calm and reassuring manner, staff have been modelling and advising the boys on good hygiene and social distancing measures, which include the following:
- Students and staff should not attend school if they feel unwell, are undergoing testing for COVID-19 or have had direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Regular handwashing and covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or bent elbow are essential personal actions.
- Staff are vigilant for students who present as unwell and are immediately managed by the School’s Health and Wellness Centre.
- Information regarding hygiene and social distancing has been promoted by housemasters and on Schoolbox.
- Increased monitoring of hygiene products in bathrooms.
- Hand sanitisers are in every Prep School classroom.