This page has been created to display information and documents for the community of Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie), which details the measures taken by the School in response to COVID-19. For general information from government authorities, please visit the websites of Queensland Health or the Australian Government Department of Health.
Brisbane three-day lockdown
Due to the three-day lockdown declared for the greater Brisbane area (6 pm 8 January 2021 to 6 pm 11 January 2021), the school's Christmas closure has been extended by one day, resuming on Tuesday 12 January.
Parents not to attend campus
Parents are respectfully asked not to attend campus, other than for an urgent student safety or welfare matter. Parents should not gather in areas around the School, such as in carparks, at the school gate or outside classrooms.
Hygiene measures and social distancing
In a calm and reassuring manner, staff have been modelling and advising the boys on good hygiene and social distancing measures, which include the following:
- Students and staff should not attend school if they feel unwell, are undergoing testing for COVID-19 or have had direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Regular handwashing and covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or bent elbow are essential personal actions.
- Staff are vigilant for students who present as unwell and are immediately managed by the School’s Health and Wellness Centre.
- Information regarding hygiene and social distancing has been promoted by housemasters and on Schoolbox.
- Increased monitoring of hygiene products in bathrooms.
- Hand sanitisers are in every Prep School classroom.
Churchie will continue to communicate with the School community with updates regarding COVID-19. This will be predominantly via the newsletter (for general updates). If necessary, email and instant messaging via the Churchie App will be used.
Please ensure you have provided the School with your current email address and that you download the Churchie App, which is available from the App Store or Google Play.
Government travel advice
The Churchie community is advised to consult the Smart Traveller website with regard to planned overseas travel. Please note that the government is issuing regular updates and that families should closely monitor the travel advice being issued. For travel advice, visit Smart Traveller.