The academic culture of Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie) celebrates intellectual and creative pursuits and places learning at the heart of the school, providing the basis for exceptional educational programmes and personal development opportunities tailored to meet the needs of boys.
The school's strong academic tradition is evident in our eleven Rhodes Scholars
and the achievements of our graduating Year 12 cohorts
. During their time at Churchie, students are academically extended and challenged in our Aquila gifted and talented programme
and take advantage of the best new-generation learning spaces
Read below to find out about Churchie's Academic, Choral and Music Scholarships.
Applications for Academic Scholarships for students entering Years 7 to 11 in 2022 and students entering Year 7 in 2023 are now open.
For enquiries or further information, please contact Churchie Admissions on (07) 3896 2200 or [email protected].
Academic Scholarships provide a partial remission of tuition fees commencing in Year 7, or a later year of entry, until the end of Year 12, subject to a semester review.
Academic Scholarships are awarded on the basis of outstanding results achieved in scholarship testing, previous academic records and an interview with the Headmaster or his delegate. Students can sit the scholarship test in Years 5 to 10. The earliest scholarship commences in Year 7.
Australian Academic Services testing (AAS)
- Date: Saturday 13 February 2021
- Time: 8.20 am to 12.30 pm (parents/guardians are asked to be onsite at Gate 5 by 12 noon to ensure students are collected on time)
- Location: Churchie (if a boy lives overseas, interstate or rural (remote), he may be able to sit the examination at his current school (additional charges and conditions apply).
- registration fee: $110 (late fees apply from 6 February 2021)
- distance and overseas fees: interstate $275, overseas $300 (Registration closing date 1 February 2021).
Click here to apply for scholarships via AAS testing.
- applications close on Monday 8 February 2021
- registrations for distance and overseas testing must be made by Monday 1 February 2021 (late fees apply from 30 January 2021).
- date: Saturday 27 February 2021
- time: 8.30 am to 12.30 pm
- location: Churchie (testing is available to distance and overseas students with the co-operation of your current school, fees apply).
Click here to apply for scholarships via ACER testing (for students commencing Year 7 in 2023).
Click here to apply for scholarships via ACER testing (for all other students).
- applications close at midnight AEDST on Monday 8 February 2021 (no late applications accepted).
Music Excellence Scholarships
Applications for Music Scholarships commencing in 2021 are now closed.
Music Scholarships are available for instrumentalists who have achieved at least Grade 5 AMEB performance on a wind instrument, Grade 6 on a string instrument or Grade 6 on piano.
Music Scholarships are for students entering Years 7 and higher and provide remission of school fees through to Year 12. The level of scholarship awarded is dependent on the ability of the student and the needs of the School. Scholarships are awarded solely at the discretion of Anglican Church Grammar School. Competitive entry is based on audition and interview.
Applications for Choral Scholarships commencing in 2021 are now closed.
Churchie offers an opportunity for boys who love to sing to be a part of the St John's Cathedral Choristers. In response to the choristers' significant contribution to the worship life of St John’s Cathedral, they are offered a scholarship at Churchie from Year 5 until the end of Year 8 (subject to review). These scholarships provide a rich and disciplined environment in which to gain outstanding choral skills. Scholarships are available for part remission of tuition fees only.